Things with the baby are going pretty well I assume. My tummy is growing, and I tried to take some belly pictures yesterday, but I just look fat. I'm wildly annoyed at myself that I managed to get pregnant at the absolute worst weight I've been in a long long time. Then I got sick for two months, so exercise and healthy eating weren't even an option. I ate whatever didn't sound gross, and slept whenever I could. However, in good news, I am feeling better, and even went a week without throwing up once. I'm looking forward to the weather changing and being able to get out of the house on a walk. That will be really great. I've vowed that although there's not a whole lot I can do to change my stomach in the next while, I'm going to work hard on my legs, butt, and arms. At least then I won't look like a total whale.
I'm looking forward to Peter's next month schedule. He works Thursday to Monday from 2:30 until 11pm. I hate it. I'm off work at 5, and usually go to my mom and dad's, just so I don't have to sit in my stupid apartment. I feel like I never see him, which is still a bit strange, since my boss has been really great, and allowed me to take Tuesdays and Wednesdays off with him, while not cutting my hours.
I'm really looking forward to new little milestones with the baby though. In a few weeks, I'll be able to feel the beginnings of him moving around in there, which would be amazing. I'll be able to find out whether it's a boy or a girl, and start buying onesies and little hats and socks and blankets. It will be fun to be able to tell my family what we're having. I'm looking forward to looking pregnant instead of just fat, and with the new energy I'm feeling, I'm looking forward to being able to get out and do something, like go to the beach with Luc.
I am so so so looking forward to spring. I heard someone say that this year Nanaimo got more snow than Winnepeg, or Calgary. That's obscene. I remember when the end of February heralded daffodil season here. We've had Easters that were so warm you could hunt for eggs outside and we all wore t-shirts and had cold drinks on my mom's deck. I could use a spring like that. Even though I'm going to be huge and hot, I can't wait for summer. I want to go to the beach. I want to have an ice cream at the beach hut. I want to sit on my own little deck, in my own backyard and have a nice cold lemonade and stick my feet in a paddling pool.
All in good time, everyone tells me. All in good time. That phrase makes me want to scream a little bit. It feels like the first three months of this year are taking forever, and I'm ready to be done. I know that the baby will come and I'll be sitting there wondering how in the world time flew by so quickly. I think being in the new place will help. Being able to unwind and relax. I'm so tense here, and I'm happy that that will be over soon. All in good time.
2 comments:
I was just telling Trevor yesterday how different it is with your second pregnancy than with your first and this confirmed it. With your first, you enjoy everything (except the puking). It's all so exciting and new and you just revel in it all. With your second, you know that the very best part is once you're holding your baby and, while you enjoy all the kicking and other fun milestones, you're just so impatient for your baby to be here that your have a lot harder time enjoying being pregnant! Having realized this, I am now going to try harder to just enjoy what's is going on in the here and now and maybe be just a little less impatient!
You do have some very fun milestones coming up and I can't wait to read your thoughts on them!
FYI... I've NEVER felt like the baby came and time just flew by. LOL. It takes stinkin' forever to make one of these things. Now, once the baby comes, even though it feels like it lasts forever (especially those first few months) THAT'S when time seems to start flying past me at the speed of light.
I know what you mean about looking pregnant and not just fat though. It always seems like forever to get past that stage and I love the way pregnant women look. It's the only time in your life when you can have a 40 inch waste line and still feel cute.
Post a Comment